A popular street food delicacy from Madhya Pradesh, eaten as an evening snack.
Corn Cobs – 2, husks removed, grated
Ghee – 2 tblsp
Asafoetida – a pinch
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 1/2 tsp
Green Chilli Paste – 1/4 tsp
Warm Milk – 1/2 cup
Salt as per taste
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Coconut – 1/4 cup, grated
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
1. Heat ghee in a pan over medium flame.
2. Add the cumin seeds and asafoetida.
3. Fry for 30 seconds.
4. Add the ginger garlic paste, green chilli paste and stir well.
5. Add the corn, turmeric powder and salt.
6. Stir well and cook for a minute.
7. Gently add the milk while stirring all the time.
8. Bring to a boil.
9. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the corn is cooked.
10. Keep stirring from time to time.
11. When it starts to thicken, remove from flame.
12. Add lemon juice and mix well.
13. Garnish with coriander leaves and coconut.