A delicious and simple rice dish made with grated (or sliced) green mangoes and rice.
Basmati Rice – 2 cups
Green Mango – 1 (not too ripe and not too raw and sour)
Coconut – 3 tsp, grated
Capsicum – 1/2, finely sliced
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Dry Red Chillies – 2
Oil – 4 tsp
Peanuts – 2 tsp
Cashewnuts – 2 tsp, chopped
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Salt as per taste
1. Wash and soak the rice for 10 minutes.
2. Then pressure cook until done. The rice should not be sticky.
3. Peel the mango and grate (or finely slice).
4. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
5. Add the peanuts, dry red chillies, cashewnuts and fry for a minute.
6. Add the mango, coconut and mix well.
7. Add salt, turmeric powder, capsicums and stir well.
8. Cook for a minute and remove from flame.
9. Add the cooked rice and stir until well combined.
10. Garnish with coriander leaves.
11. Serve at once.
image via photobucket