A popular Rajasthani dish that can be served as a tea time or evening snack.
Moong Dal – 1 cup
Onion – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Green Chillies – 4, finely chopped
Baking Powder – a pinch
Salt as per taste
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – few
Oil as required for frying
1. Soak the dal for 2 hours.
2. Drain well.
3. Add salt and grind to a coarse paste.
4. Add green chillies, onion, coriander leaves, baking powder and cumin seeds.
5. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
6. Make small balls of the dough and fry them in hot oil until golden brown.
7. Remove and drain excess oil.
8. Serve hot with sauce or mint chutney.
To make Moong Dal Pakodi Chaat:
Curd – 1 cup, whisked
Sev – 1 cup
Green Chutney for Chaat (recipe here)
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
1. Transfer the prepared pakodis to a plate.
2. Add 2 to 3 tblsp of the whisked curd on top.
3. Sprinkle sev.
4. Garnish with green chutney, sweet chutney and coriander leaves.
5. Serve at once.