Healthy and delicious, this is perfect for school lunch or serve as a evening snack.
Aval (Poha) – 2 cups
Sweet Corn Kernels – 1/2 cup
Coconut – 1/2, grated
Onion – 1, big, finely chopped
Bengal Gram Dal – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Lemon Juice – 3 tsp
Oil – 1/4 cup
Green Chillies – 2 to 3, slit (or finely chopped)
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, peeled, grated
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Salt as per taste
1. Wash the aval and drain well.
2. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
3. Boil the sweet corn until tender and grind coarsely if desired.
4. Heat oil in a pan.
5. Fry the mustard seeds, bengal gram dal and urad dal for 30 seconds.
6. Add the onions, green chillies, sweet corn kernels and saute well for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Add ginger, curry leaves and aval.
8. Stir to mix well.
9. Add salt, coconut and coriander leaves.
10. Stir again and cook for a minute.
11. Add lemon juice and mix well.
Note: image is that of Aval Upma and not that of the actual recipe.