These simple, light and delicious spring rolls are a popular Chinese appetizers often served as a snack and perfect for any occasion.
Plain Noodles – 1 cup
Maida – 1 cup
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Carrot – 2 tsp, grated
Capsicum – 2 tsp, grated
Tomato Sauce – 2 tsp
Noodles Masala – 2 tsp (comes with the noodles packet or available separately)
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Mix maida, salt and 2 tsp oil in a large bowl.
2. Add little water and knead well to a chapati dough consistency.
3. Make small balls of this mixture and roll them into small discs.
4. Heat little oil in a pan.
5. Saute the carrot, capsicum and onions for a minute or two.
6. Add enough water and add the noodles.
7. Cook until tender.
8. Add salt, tomato sauce, noodles masala and stir well until thickened.
9. Remove from flame.
10. Add 1 or 2 tblsp of this to the rolled discs and fold them into rolls.
11. Seal the edges using little water.
12. Heat oil in a frying pan.
13. Deep fry until golden brown.
14. Remove and drain excess oil.
15. Serve with sweet spicy sauce or mint chutney.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !