Seppankizhangu (Colocasia/Arbi/Arvi/Taro Root) is a popular vegetable in South India, especially in TamilNadu where it is quite commonly seen in weddings and occasions.
Seppankizhangu (Colocasia/Arbi/Arvi/Taro Root) – 250 gms
Peanuts – 50 gms, powdered
Gram Flour – 2 tblsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves – little, finely chopped
Mint Leaves – little, finely chopped
Dry Mango Powder – a pinch
Cashew Nuts – 8 to 10, powdered
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Boil the seppankizhangu, peel and mash well.
2. Add peanuts, cashew nuts, salt, gram flour, red chilli powder, mango powder, mint leaves and coriander leaves.
3. Mix well.
4. Make small balls and flatten them lightly.
5. Heat oil in a pan.
6. Gently add the prepared tikkis and fry them until golden brown.
7. Remove and drain excess oil.
8. Serve with coconut chutney or sauce.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !