Mangodi (or moong dal vadi) is a popular North Indian snack generally eaten during winter months.
Moong Dal – 1 cup
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Ajwain – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 1/2 tsp, finely chopped
Green Chillies – 1/2 tsp, finely chopped
Ginger – 1/2 tsp, peeled, finely chopped
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Soak the moong dal for 30 minutes.
2. Drain well and grind to a thick coarse bastter.
3. Heat oil in a pan.
4. Add ajwain, cumin seeds, coriander leaves, green chillies, ginger and salt to the batter.
5. Mix well.
6. Make small balls and add them to the hot oil.
7. Fry until golden.
8. Remove and drain excess oil.
9. Transfer to a plate.
10. Sprinkle black salt, chaat masala, green chutney, sweet tamarind chutney and coriander leaves.
11. Garnish with chopped onions and sev.
12. Serve at once.