Mushrooms – 1 cup, cleaned, washed, chopped
Garlic – 4 cloves
Tamarind – a small lemon sized ball
Sambar Onions – 1/2 cup, peeled, chopped
Tomatoes – 2, chopped
Curry Leaves – 1 cup
Dry Red Chillies – 3
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Coconut – 3 tsp, grated
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
Mustard Seeds – little
Urad Dal – little
1. Heat a little oil in a pan.
2. Fry the garlic, tomatoes, ginger, red chillies and curry leaves for a minute.
3. Remove and grind together with coconut and tamarind to a fine paste.
4. Add a little oil to the pan.
5. Fry the mustard seeds and urad dal for 30 seconds.
6. Add the chopped onions and saute well.
7. Add the mushrooms and stir well.
8. Add salt and ground paste.
9. Cook till the raw smell of the mushrooms disappears.
10. Pour 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
11. Simmer untill it starts to thicken and remove from flame.
12. Serve hot with rice.