Eggs – 5 to 6
Onions – 4, finely chopped
Potatoes – 1 cup, grated
Carrot – 1/2 cup, grated
Green Chillies – 2, finely chopped
Coriander Leaves – a bunch
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Maida – 250 gms
Salt as per taste
Oil – 250 ml
1. Sift together the maida and salt into a bowl.
2. Add 1 tsp of oil and mix well.
3. Keep aside for 60 minutes.
4. Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan.
5. Saute the onions and green chillies until onions turn golden.
6. Add the grated potatoes and carrots.
7. Stir-fry for a minute.
8. Add salt, turmeric powder and coriander leaves.
9. Break the eggs into the pan and cook until the eggs are done.
10. Make small balls of the maida dough and roll them into thin chapatis.
11. Place a tsp or 2 of the egg mixture and shape them into small/medium triangles. Seal the edges with little water.
12. Heat oil for deep frying in a pan.
13. Deep fry the prepared samosas until golden brown.
14. Remove and drain excess oil.
15. Serve hot with chutney or sauce.
Tip: You can also use readymade pastry sheets.