Paruppu Urundai Kuzhambu is a traditional South Indian dish that is both nutritious and delicious. This dish is made with lentil dumplings cooked in a flavorful tamarind-based gravy. The dumplings are made with a combination of lentils, spices, and herbs and are a great source of protein and fiber.
The dumplings are first prepared and then added to a tangy gravy made with tamarind, tomatoes, and spices to make this dish. The dish is then simmered until the dumplings are cooked and the gravy thickens to the desired consistency. Paruppu Urundai Kuzhambu is typically served with steamed rice and makes for a satisfying and flavorful meal.
Paruppu Urundai Kuzhambu
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Sambar Powder
- 1 cup Tamarind Extract
- as per taste Salt as per taste
- as required Oil as required
To make the Paruppu Urundai:
- 1/2 cup Toor Dal
- 1/2 cup Bengal Gram Dal
- 2 Dry Red Chillies
- little Asafoetida
- as per taste Salt
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- Grind together the ingredients for paruppu urundai to a thick batter.
- Make small balls and steam cook them. Keep aside.
- Add the tamarind extract to a pan over medium flame.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and sambar powder.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the prepared balls and boil till they start to float on top.
- Heat little oil in a frying pan and fry the tempering ingredients.
- Add to the sambar and stir.
- Remove and serve hot with rice.