Fish Fillets – 350gms, cut into 4 to 6 pieces
Lime Juice – 1/8 cup
Dill Leaves – 1 tbslp
Vegetable Oil – 1 tblsp
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, peeled, sliced + 1 tblsp, finely julienned
Small Onions – 1/2 tblsp, minced
Red Chillies – 1, stemmed, finely sliced
Lemongrass – 1 stalk, finely sliced
Fish Sauce – 1 tblsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Rice Wine – 1/4 cup
Vinegar – 1 tblsp
Spring Onions – 1, finely sliced
Chicken Stock – 1/8 cup
Sesame Oil – 1/2 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Pepper Powder as per taste
1. Combine the lime juice, salt and pepper.
2. Add the fish fillets and coat well.
3. Sprinkle the dill leaves on top and cover the fillets.
4. Cover and keep them in a fridge for 3 hours.
5. Remove the fish from the fridge and keep aside.
6. Heat 1/2 tblsp oil in a pan over moderate flame.
7. Add the sliced ginger, small onions, chillies and lemongrass.
8. Saute for 30 to 40 seconds.
9. Add the fish sauce, sugar, wine and vinegar.
10. Cook for a minute and add the spring onions.
11. Add the chicken stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
12. Switch off the flame and remove the sliced ginger.
13. Combine the sesame oil with the remaining vegetable oil.
14. Brush the fish fillets with this and place it on a preheated grill.
15. Grill for 4 minutes on one side and turn over.
16. Cook till the fish is done.
17. Remove and transfer to a serving plate.
18. Pour the sauce on top.
19. Garnish with ginger juliennes.
20. Serve hot.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and may not be of the actual recipe.