Pepper Chicken is a popular side dish recipe from Tamil Nadu made with chicken pieces cooked with shallots, tomatoes, spices and garnished with coriander leaves. It’s a simple and easy to make dish for lunch or dinner.
Chicken – 250 gms
Shallots (Sambar Onions) – 50 gms, chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Black Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – a pinch
Tomato – 1, small, chopped
Coriander Leaves – handful
Curry Leaves – handful
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Heat oil in a pressure pan over medium flame.
2. Saute the onions, tomatoes, curry leaves and ginger garlic paste for a minute or two.
3. Add red chilli powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder and salt.
4. Stir to mix well.
5. Add chicken pieces and enough water.
6. Cover the pan with a lid and pressure cook for 2 whistles or until the chicken is cooked.
7. Once the pressure has reduced, remove the lid.
8. Add pepper powder, coriander leaves and remove.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !