Pomfret – 250 gms, whole, cleaned and washed
Oil – 1/4 cup
For the coconut masala paste:
Coconut – 1/4 cup, grated
Small Onions – 5 to 6, chopped
Dry Red Chillies – 4 to 5, broken into pieces
Juice of 1 Lime
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
1. Heat a pan over low heat.
2. Add the coconut, small onions and red chillies.
3. Fry till coconut turns brown.
4. Keep aside to cool.
5. Add lime juice, turmeric powder and salt.
6. Grind to a fine paste with 1/4 cup of water.
7. Rub this paste over the fish.
8. Stuff any remaining paste into the fish and keep aside for an hour to marinate.
9. Heat oil in a frying pan.
10. Shallow fry on both sides till cooked and the fish turns brown.
11. Transfer the fish onto a serving platter.
12. Pour the contents of the pan over it.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.
image credit: marias menu