Chicken Thigh Fillets – 4, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
Black Pepper – 1/3 tsp
Fish Sauce – 3 tsp
Vegetable Oil – 2 cups
Carrot – 1, sliced
Celery Stick – 1, chopped
Broccoli – 12, small florets
Red Onion – 1, small, cut into thin wedges
Red Capsicum – 1/2, cut into 3/4 inch squares
Spring Onions – 3, sliced
Ripe Tomatoes – 2, cut in wedges
Cornflour – 1/4 cup
Chicken Stock – 1/2 cup
Oyster Sauce – 2 tblsp
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
1. Place chicken in a bowl.
2. Add pepper and fish sauce.
3. Mix well and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
4. Heat a pan with 1 tblsp oil and stir-fry carrot, celery, broccoli, onion and capsicum for a minute.
5. Add 2 tblsp of water, cover and cook for about 2 minutes.
6. Remove the lid, increase heat to high and add spring onions and tomatoes.
7. Stir-fry for 40 seconds and transfer to a plate.
8. Rinse and dry the pan.
9. Return to high heat and add remaining oil.
10. Coat the chicken in cornflour and fry in the oil until golden brown and cooked through, for about 3 minutes.
11. Keep chicken aside and drain the pan.
12. Add 2 tsp of cornflour into the stock.
13. Rinse and dry the pan and add 2 tblsp of the hot oil.
14. Reheat the vegetables and add the chicken stock and starch mixture, stirring until the sauce thickens and becomes translucent.
15. Add oyster sauce and sugar.
16. Adjust the seasonings and add a little fish sauce to taste.
17. Add the fried chicken and warm through just long enough to coat with the sauce.
18. Serve with plain rice.