Ghee – 1/2 cup
Green Cardamoms – 8, open slightly
Carrot – 1 kg, scraped and finely grated
Boiling Hot Water – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Unsweetened Khoya – 3/4 cup
Finely Powdered Sugar – 1/4 cup
Silver Vrak (optional)
1. Heat ghee in a pan.
2. Add cardamoms and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
3. Add carrots and fry for 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Then add boiling water and let it simmer, covered, till carrots are tender.
5. Add sugar and continue stirring till it mixes well.
6. Cook till he carrots are quite dry.
7. Remove from heat.
8. Add the essence and mix well.
9. Heat khoya in a separate pan.
10. Add powdered sugar and stir to mix together.
11. Remove and mix well.
12. Divide the halwa into portions.
13. Spread one portion on a greased plate and smooth it down.
14. Add half of the khoya over it and cover with another layer of halwa.
15. Layer this with khoya again.
16. Press down and leave to cool and set.
17. Once cooled, keep it in a fridge.
18. Before serving, cover it with the silver vrak and cut into squares.