1. Soak rice in salted water for 20 minutes and drain.
2. Heat ghee and fry onions till brown.
3. Add ginger garlic paste, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and salt.
4. Fry for a minute.
5. Add rice and fry for another minute.
6. Add water to cover rice by 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 inches.
7. Stir well, cover and bring to boil.
8. Half uncover lid and cook till the rice is 2/3rds done.
9. Lower heat.
10. Put a cloth around the lid and cover pan with it sot hat the moisture seeps through the cloth.
11. Simmer on very low heat until water dries up and there are holes on the surface of the rice.
12. Loosen the rice in the pan with a fork.
13. Serve hot.
Baghara Bhath (Fried Savoury Rice) Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Baghara Bhath (Fried Savoury Rice) from Awesome Cuisine.