Besan Flour – 1 cup
Rice Flour – 1/2 cup
Onions – 3, finely chopped
Bicarb of Soda – 1/4 tsp
Ghee – 2 tblssp
Ginger – 1 inch piece, peeled and grated
Green Chillies – 4, finely chopped
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 2 tblsp, chopped
Salt as per taste
Oil for deep frying
1. Mix the bicarb of soda with 1 tblsp ghee in a bowl.
2. Rub till frothy.
3. Add the remaining ingredients except oil.
4. Sprinkle in 1/4 cup of water gradually.
5. Mix to make a thick batter.
6. Add 1 to 2 tblsp of water, if required.
7. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
8. Lower heat to moderate and drop spoonfuls of batter in hot oil.
9. Fry the pakoda in batches, turning frequently, till brown and crisp.
10. Remove and drain excess oil.
11. Serve hot with ketchup or chutney of choice.
An excellent tea time snack.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !