A creamy, delicious and tasty soup with fresh crabmeat and sweetcorn kernels is perfect for the cold, winter months.
Crabmeat – 125 gms
Sweet Corn Kernels – 1/3 cup, boiled
Oil – 1/2 tblsp
Butter – 1 tblsp
White Onion – 1 tblsp, chopped
Garlic – 1/2 tblsp, finely chopped
Ginger – 3 tsp, grated
Vegetable Stock (or Water) – 1 1/4 litres
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
Egg – 1
Cornflour – 2 tblsp, mixed with 2 tblsp water
Spring Onions – 1 tblsp, finely chopped, to garnish
1. Heat oil and butter in a deep pan (or a pot).
2. Saute the onions, garlic and ginger for a minute or two.
3. Add the corn kernels and crabmeat.
4. Cook for a minute.
5. Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce flame and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
7. Sprinkle salt and pepper powder.
8. Stir gently and bring to a boil.
9. Add the cornflour mixture and the egg.
10. Mix well.
11. Garnish with spring onions.
12. Serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !