Rohu Fish – 6 to 8 pieces (or any fish)
Mustard Oil for deep frying
Turmeric Paste – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Fresh Coconut – 2 tsp, grated
For the Paste:
Fresh Turmeric – 1 one inch piece
Garlic – 2 pods
Coconut – 1 one inch piece
Green Chillies – 2
Onion – 1, medium
1. Sprinkle salt and turmeric paste on the fish pieces.
2. Set aside for 10 minutes.
3. Grind all the ingredients for the paste.
4. Heat enough oil for deep frying and fry two fish pieces at a time.
5. Fry both the sides till crispy.
6. Use 2 to 3 tsp of the leftover oil from frying the fish.
7. Heat this oil and lower the heat and mix in the paste.
8. Fry the paste on low flame for 2 minutes.
9. Add 2 cups of water and bring to boil.
10. Lower the heat and mix in the fried fish pieces and allow these to simmer in the gravy for 5 to 7 minutes.
11. Serve with steamed rice.