Black Urad Dal – 1/2 cup, whole
White Urad – 1/2 cup
Jaggery – 1/2 cup, grated
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
Coconut – 1 1/2 tblsp, desiccated
Ghee – as required, melted
Cashewnuts – few, finely chopped and fried
Kismis – for garnish
1. Dry roast the black urad and white urad together in a moderate flame till golden brown.
2. Transfer it to a broad plate and allow it to cool.
3. Dry roast grated dry coconut lightly.
4. Grate jaggery finely without any lumps.
5. Powder sugar and keep it separately.
6. Powder roasted urad until fine, in a mixie.
7. Add powdered sugar, jaggery, cardamom powder and run the mixie at short intervals stirring in between till everything is mixed properly.
8. Transfer it to a broad bowl.
9. Add roasted dry coconut, cashewnuts and melted ghee.
10. Mix well and prepare small balls.
11. Keep a kismis on top of each laddu and press lightly.