Baby Potatoes – 400 gms
Browned Onion Paste – 1/2 cup
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Tomato Puree – 3 tblsp
Green Mango Paste – 2 tblsp
Mint Paste – 2 tsp
Oil – 2 tblsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tblsp
Jeera Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Boil the potatoes in salted water till just tender but not overcooked.
2. Remove and cool.
3. Peel the potatoes and sprinkle salt and keep aside for 10 minutes.
4. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and fry the potatoes a few at a time till golden in colour.
5. Remove the potatoes and in the same pan, add the onion paste, ginger-garlic paste, tomato puree and green mango paste and the mint paste.
6. Stir and cook on low fire for 3 to 4 minutes.
7. Add a little more salt if needed.
8. Mix in the spices and stir gently.
9. Add one cup of water and continue to cook on low fire for a further 2 minutes.
10. Mix in the fried potatoes and stir gently and cook till the water is absorbed.
11. Serve with puris or parathas.