For the Marinade:
Lemon or Lime Juice – 2 tblsp
Cream – 1/2 cup
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp, freshly ground
Cornflour – 1 tsp, mixed with 1/2 cup water
1. Wash the mushrooms and slice them thinly.
2. Chop the garlic fine.
3. Heat the oil in a heavy based pan over moderate heat.
4. Add the mushrooms and garlic.
5. Fry over high heat for about 5 minutes until the mushrooms are lightly browned.
6. Set aside.
7. Chop the tender green portion of the spring onions finely.
8. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
9. Add the spring onions and the mushrooms.
10. Mix well and place it in a fridge until ready to serve.
11. Before serving, transfer the mushrooms and marinade to a pan.
12. Place the pan over moderate heat and stir gently for about 2 minutes until the sauce thickens.
13. Serve hot.