Paneer Laddu (or Malai Laddoo) is a popular North Indian sweet made during festivals like Diwali, Navratri or during special occasions. Very simple and easy to make, it is a delicious dessert sweet.
Paneer – 1 cup, crumbled
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Milk Powder – 1/4 cup
Milk – 1/4 cup
Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
Butter – 5 to 6 tsp
Saffron Strands – little
Pistachios – 10 to 12, sliced
or Silver Warq
1. Heat a pan over medium flame.
2. Add butter, paneer, sugar and stir well.
3. Keep stirring from time to time to prevent it from sticking to the bottom.
4. Mix the milk powder and milk well.
5. Pour this into the paneer mixture.
6. Stir well and when it stops sticking to the sides of the pan, add the saffran, cardamom powder and mix well.
7. Remove from flame and allow it to cool.
8. Make small laddus and keep aside.
9. Garnish with pistachios or silver warq.