Rice Flour – 2 cups, Finely Ground
Sugar – 1 cup
Lemon Juice – 4 tsp
Gingelly Seeds – 1/2 cup
Clarified Butter – 1 1/4 cups
1. Mix together the rice flour, sugar and lemon juice.
2. Collect in a heap, cover with a deep dish turned upside down.
3. Keep aside for 4 to 5 hours.
4. Remove the dish and knead the mixture into a dough with a little water.
5. Sprinkle the gingelly seeds on a flat steel plate.
6. Make small lemon sized balls of the dough and place on the Gingelly seeds.
7. With your finger, press the balls to form flat rounds, about 5 inch diameter.
8. Heat some clarified butter in a flat pan; fry the rice rounds, with the Gingelly seeds on top, till it becomes brown.
9. Keep spooning the clarified butter (from the pan itself) over the rounds, but do not turn them over.
10. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on absorbent kitchen towels.