Fresh Fish – 450 gms, boned, cut into fillets
Rice Wine – 1 tblsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Sesame Oil – 1 tblsp
Oil – 1 tblsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Soy Sauce – 2 tblsp
Corn starch – 1 tblsp
Fermented Black Beans – 2 tblsp, minced
Garlic – 2 cloves, minced
Green Onions – 4, sliced
1. Cut fish into 2 inch pieces.
2. Mix rice wine and salt together in a large bowl and add the fish pieces. Coat well and let it sit for 15 minutes.
3. Remove from marinade and pat dry.
4. To the reserved marindade, add the oils, sugar, soy sauce, cornstarch, black beans and garlic. Mix well.
5. Pour water into a wok about 2/3 full. Heat the water to boiling.
6. Dip fish pieces in the sauce and place on a rack that sits over the wok.
7. Cover and steam the fish for about 20 minutes. Fish should be white and firm to the touch.
8. Garnish with green onions and Serve immediately.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !