500 gms Prawns, shelled and deveined
1 large Brinjal, sliced
1 tblsp Coriander seeds
1 tblsp Cumin seeds
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
2 tblsp finely sliced Coconut
2 big Tomatoes, grated
2 cups thin Coconut Milk
1 cup thick Coconut Milk
1 big Onion, minced
1 tsp Ginger paste
1 tsp Garlic paste
Salt and Lemon juice to taste
handful of choppe dCoriander leaves
Salt to taste
1. Fry sliced onion to a red colour.
2. Powder all the spices.
3. Apply salt and turmeric on prawns and set aside for half an hour.
4. Heat 4 tblsp of oil and put in the onions, garlic and ginger.
5. Fry till soft and add tomatoes, all the spices and cook till dry.
6. Add prawns, brinjals and thin coconut milk.
7. Cook over a slow fire till the vegetable and prawns are done.
8. Mix in thick coconut milk and remove the curry from fire.
9. Garnish with fried coconut, coriander leaves and sprinkle lime juice on top.