Chicken – 800 gms
Onions – 2, medium size and chopped
Coriander and mint leaves – 1 cup each, chopped
Celery – 2 sticks
Green chillies – 4
Ginger and garlic paste – 2 tsp each
Cumin powder – 1 tsp each
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp each
Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Coriander leaves – as required, finely chopped
Fresh cream as required
1. Make a green smooth paste of celery, coriander and mint leaves with green chillies, chopped onions and lemon juice.
2. Lightly fry the paste in hot oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes or till the colour becomes pale green.
3. Mix the ginger-garlic paste, cumin powder and garam masala thoroughly and fry for few more seconds.
4. Now add the chicken pieces, mix thoroughly, lid the pan and cook for about 30 minutes or till the chicken is done.
5. Garnish with fresh cream and finely chopped coriander.
6. Serve with rice or roti.
The green paste can be made from any combination of green leafy vegetables like spinach, fenugreek, basil, oregano, parsley along with fresh coriander.