Paratha is a very popular Punjabi dish with numerous variations. A comforting and delicious dish for any occasion, the parathas are made plain or with various stuffings. This variation uses paneer and rajma. Serve with pickle and curd.
- Atta (Wheat Flour) – 2 cups
- Rajma (Red Kidney Beans) – 1/2 cup
- Paneer – 1/2 cup, Grated
- Coriander Leaves – 1 tblsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin Seed Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Green Chilli – 1
- Ginger – Small Piece, peeled and washed
- Oil – As Required
- Salt to Taste
- Soak the rajma overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Take a bowl, add the atta flour, salt and 1 tsp of oil and knead them to a soft dough using required water.
- Cover with a muslin cloth for half an hour.
- Drain the water from rajma and wash it.
- Pressure cook them for around 6 to 7 whistles.
- Drain the excess water and mash them well.
- Grind the green chilli and ginger in a mixer to a paste.
- Heat a pan under medium flame.
- add oil and ground paste and cook them.
- Add the mashed rajma mixture, grated paneer, coriander powder, cumin seed powder, salt and coriander leaves.
- Mix them well and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from flame and make lemon size balls and keep it aside.
- This is the stuffing for paratha.
- Using the dough mixture,make balls and roll out them to thick circle.
- Place the stuffing in the middle and close it and form a ball shape.
- Roll out again to make parathas.
- Heat a tawa in medium flame.
- Cook the stuffed parathas one by one using ghee/oil.
- Cook on both sides till golden brown.
- Serve hot with pickle and curd.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !