Any fleshy fish – 1/2 kg
Potatoes – 3, boiled and minced
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice – 1/4 cup
Fish stock – 2 tbsp
Egg – 1, beaten
Fine breadcrumbs – a little
Oil as required for frying
1. After the fish is cleaned, boil it in water with salt.
2. Once that is done, remove the fish and separate the stock.
3. Debone the fish and then mash it together with the potatoes, turmeric, chilli and the pepper powder. Also add the lime juice and the stock at this stage.
4. Make balls from the mixture in the shape and size of a lemon. Press them flat and then roll them with hands.
5. Dip each ball in the beaten egg and coat it with breadcrumbs.
6. Fry till golden brown and serve hot.