Aloo ke Dulme or Stuffed Lamb and Potato Curry is a popular dish from the Hyderabadi cuisine. Meat is stuffed in the potato shell and cooked in a gravy. This is then served hot with rice.
Lamb – 100 gms, Chopped
Potatoes – 3 to 4
Onion – 1, chopped
Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tblsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Green chillies – 1 to 2
Curd – 1/2 cup, beaten
Oil – 1/4 cup
Salt to taste
Lemon juice – 1 tblsp
Coriander leaves – 1/2 cup, chopped
1. Wash and peel the outer layer of the potatoes.
2. Scoop out and discard the inner flesh of the potatoes.
3. Deep fry the potatoes and allow it to cool.
4. Cut the green chillies into small pieces.
5. To a pan add little oil and cook the lamb by adding salt, turmeric powder, green chillies, coriander leaves and lemon juice.
6. Close it with a lid until the meat is cooked tender.
7. Cook until the water is observed thoroughly.
8. When the mixture is cooked, allow it to cool for a while.
9. Stuff this mixture to the fried potato scoop and keep aside the remaining lamb mixture if any.
10. To another heavy medium pan, heat oil and fry the onion until golden brown.
11. Gradually stir in the ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, turmeric powder and the needed salt.
12. Lower the heat and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
13. Now add the curd, remaining meat mixture and the fried potato scoops.
14. Add little water and cook till the gravy is formed and thickened.
15. Finally add the stuffed potato scoops and cover it with a lid and cook till the gravy is cooked well.
16. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !