Uncooked prawns – 1/2 kg, fresh, cleaned and shelled
Ripe tomatoes – 1/2 kg, chopped
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Peppercorns – 8
Cumins – 1/2 tsp
Cloves – 3
Coconut – 1
Onions – 2, large sized
Ginger – 1 inch piece, finely sliced
Garlic cloves – 4, finely sliced
Green chillies – 2, finely sliced
Oil – 2 tbsp
1. Extract milk from the coconut, thick as well as thin.
2. Fry the onion, ginger, garlic and chillies in a little oil until onions are slightly brown.
3. Add the turmeric powder, peppercorns, cloves and cumin and fry for 30 seconds or so.
4. Now add the prawns (if using cooked prawns add at the end of the cooking) and fry for a few minutes.
5. Add the chopped tomato and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Then add the thin coconut milk and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Add the thick coconut milk and cook until the sauce gets thick. Boil the mixture for a few more minutes.
8. Serve with rice