A simple and great soup on a cold and rainy day.
Onion – 1, small, finely chopped
Garlic – 1 clove, finely chopped
Capsicum – 1, small, diced
Mexican Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Firm Tomatoes – 250 gms, chopped
Vegetable Stock – 1 cup
Rajma (Red Kidney Beans) – 200 gms, soaked in water
Corn Kernels – 100 gms
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Sour Cream – 3 tsp, to serve
Tortillas – 1 or 2, to serve
Olive Oil as required
1. Cook the sweet corn kernels until soft.
2. Drain well, rinse under cold water and drain again.
3. Drain the kidney beans, rinse under cold water and drain again.
4. Heat little oil in a pan over medium flame.
5. Saute the onions and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened.
6. Add the capsicum, chilli powder and cumin seeds.
7. Stir well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Add the tomatoes, vegetable stock, kidney beans, sweet corn and 1 cup of water.
9. Cover the pan with a lid and bring to a boil.
10. Simmer over low flame for 20 to 30 minutes or until the tomatoes are tender.
11. Add the coriander leaves and stir.
12. Pour this into serving bowls.
13. Top up with a dollop of sour cream.
14. Garnish with coriander leaves.
15. Serve with warmed tortillas.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !