Healthy and delicious rice with spinach. Serve with raita of choice.
Rice – 1 cup, cooked
Keerai (Spinach) – 1 cup, finely chopped
Coconut – 1 tblsp, grated
Dry Red Chillies – 3
Coriander Seeds – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Add the mustard seeds and asafoetida powder.
3. Fry for 30 seconds.
4. Add the spinach and salt.
5. Stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the leaves starts to wilt.
6. Grind the coconut, dry red chillies, coriander seeds and cumin seeds finely.
7. Add to the pan along with the cooked rice.
8. Stir to mix well until well combined.
9. Remove from flame and transfer to a serving bowl.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !