1 Whole Chicken (about 1 kg)
1 tsp Salt
3 tbsp Oil
2 Onions, chopped
8-10 Curry Leaves
1/2 cup Coriander Leaves, chopped
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Red Chilli powder
1 tsp coarsely ground Black Peppercorns
1 tsp Cumin powder
2 tbsp chopped ginger
2 tbsp chopped garlic
1. Wash and clean the chicken and cut into 8 pieces.
2. Grind fine, all the ingredients for the spice paste.
3. Place chicken in a pan with 1 cup water, salt and the spice paste.
4. Cook over medium heat until chicken is tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions and curry leaves until the onions turns golden brown.
6. Add the cooked chicken and fry for 5 minutes or until quite dry.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with roti or bread.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !