A simple and delicious Mexican quesadilla with caramelized onions and mushrooms. Ideal for a quick lunch, evening snack or a late night dinner.
Flour Tortillas – 4 (available readymade in supermarkets)
Button Mushrooms – 100 gms, sliced
Cheddar Cheese – 1/3 cup, grated
Sugar – 1/2 tsp, powdered
Onion – 1, finely sliced
Olive Oil – 2 tblsp
Coriander Leaves (or Parsley) – handful, chopped
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
1. Heat 1 tblsp of olive oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Saute the onions until golden.
3. Add the sugar and cook until caramelized, about 2 minutes.
4. Remove the onions and keep aside.
5. Add the remaining oil to the pan.
6. Saute the mushrooms until golden brown and remove.
7. Heat a nonstick pan over medium flame.
8. Place one of the tortilla.
9. Scatter half of the onions, mushrooms, cheese and coriander leaves.
10. Sprinkle some salt and pepper powder.
11. Cover with an another tortilla and cook on both sides until browned and the cheese has fully melted.
12. Remove and cut into wedges.
13. Serve at once.