Crunchy, cheesy and simple to make Mexican snack, these are perfect for any time – evening bites, late night munchies, movie snacks.
Tortilla Chips – 1 cup
Salsa – 2 cups (available readymade) (recipe here, here, here)
Black Beans – 2 cups, rinsed, drained
Jalapenos – handful, chopped
Lettuce – big handful, chopped
Tomatoes – 1/2 cup, chopped, seeds removed
Spring Onions – 1/4 cup, chopped, green portion only
Cheddar Cheese as required, shredded
1. Arrange the tortilla chips in a greased baking pan.
2. Spoon over the salsa and spread evenly.
3. Add the black beans and cheese.
4. Place the pan into a preheated oven at 400F/200C.
5. Cook for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
6. Remove and transfer to a serving bowl.
7. Sprinkle the spring onions, lettuce and tomatoes on top.
8. Serve at once.
If cheddar cheese is not available, you can also use readymade cheese slices.
Feel free to experiment with other vegetables too. You can add avocado, red onions, cucumbers & capsicums.