A nutritious, healthy afterschool snack for kids or even can be packed as a school snack.
Moong Dal – 2 cups
Salt as per taste
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 to 2 tsp
Oil as required
Onions – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Green Capsicum – 2 tblsp, chopped (optional)
Tomatoes – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Green Mango – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Carrot – 2 to 3 tblsp, grated
Plain Sev – to garnish
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
1. Pressure cook the moong dal until 2 to 3 whistles (See note at the end).
2. Heat little oil in a pan.
3. Add the cooked dal, salt, ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
4. Add the onions, tomatoes, mango, carrot and stir-fry for a minute.
5. Switch off the flame.
6. Add lemon juice and mix gently.
7. Transfer to a serving dish.
8. Sprinkle some sev and coriander leaves.
9. Serve at once.
Note: You can also use sprouted moong dal. If you are using sprouted moong dal, then no need to pressure cook.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !