This Mushroom Pakoda (Pakora) is a simple delicious evening snack. Best served warm with chutney or sauce of choice.
Button Mushroms – 1/2 cup, washed, finely chopped
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Bread Slices – 3, crumbled
Gram Flour – 1/2 cup
Rice Flour – 1/4 cup
Green Chilli – 1, chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1/2 tsp
Cashew Nuts – 4 to 5, broken
Saunf – 1/4 tsp
Ghee – 1 1/2 tsp
Cooking Soda – a pinch
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
Red Chilli Powder – as per taste
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
1. Add ghee and cooking soda in a bowl.
2. Mix well. Add the gram flour, rice flour and knead well.
3. Add the mushrooms, breadcrumbs, onions, coriander leaves, ginger garlic paste, green chillies, cashew nuts, saunf, salt and red chilli powder.
4. Add a little water and mix well to a thick, crumbly dough.
5. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
6. Drop small portions of the dough and fry until crispy and golden.
7. Remove and drain excess oil.
8. Serve with chutney or sauce.