Yellow Pumpkin – 2, big
Coconut – 2 tblsp, grated
Red Chillies – 4. cut lengthways
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Oil – 2 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
1. Peel the skin of the pumpkin and remove the seeds. Then cut the pumpkin into small pieces.
2. Heat a pan over medium flame.
3. Add oil and fry the mustard seeds for 30 seconds.
4. Add urad dal, asafoetida powder and red chillies.
5. Add curry leaves and fry for a minute.
6. Add the pumpkin pieces and cook for a few minutes.
7. Sprinkle some water and cover the pan with a lid.
8. Simmer till the pumpkin pieces are soft and all water has evaporated.
9. Add grated coconut and mix well.
10. Cook for a minute and remove to a serving bowl.
11. Serve as a side dish.