Green Gram Dal – 1/2 cup, washed
Green Chillies – 1, halved
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, peeled, grated
Jeera – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 1/4 tsp
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Ghee – 1 tblsp
Black Pepper Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt as per taste
Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
Bread Slice – 1, outer brown portion removed, cut into small cubes
1. Add the green gram dal, green chillies, ginger, turmeric powder, little ghee and 3 cups of water to a pressure cooker.
2. Cook until 2 whistles and keep aside to cool.
3. Transfer to a blenderr and blend until smooth.
4. Strain the dal mixture into a bowl.
5. Heat ghee in a pan and fry the bread cubes till golden brown.
6. Remove and keep aside.
7. Fry the cumin seeds and asafoetida powder in the same pan.
8. Add dal water and mix well.
9. Sprinkle a bit of salt and bring to a boil.
10. Add lemon juice and pepper powder.
11. Garnish with fried bread pieces.
12. Serve hot.