Raw Rice – 1 cup, powdered to a rava consistency
Sukku (Dry Ginger) Powder – 1 tsp
Carrot – 1/4 cup, grated
Coconut – 1/4 cup, grated
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Mustard Seeds – little
Bengal Gram Dal – littlle
Urad Dal – little
Curry Leaves – few
Coriander Leaves – few
Green Chilli – 1, finely chopped
Dry Red Chillies – 3
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Heat little oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Fry the bengal gram dal, mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves for 30 seconds.
3. Add the onions, green chillies, red chillies and saute well for a minute or two.
4. Pour 3 cups of water, salt, dry ginger powder, carrot, coconut and bring to a boil.
5. Add the powdered rice and mix well.
6. Cook for 2 minutes.
7. Add coriander leaves and remove from flame.
8. Shape the mixture into small patties (like a cutlet).
9. Heat oil in a nonstick pan.
10. Pan fry the patties on both sides till golden brown.
11. Remove and serve hot with ketchup.