Maida – 1 cup
Baking Powder – 3/4 tsp
Sugar – 1 tblsp
Vanilla Extract – a drop
Cream – 150 ml
Butter – 125 gms, unsalted, softened
Jam – any of choice
1. Mix the butter, cream, sugar, vanilla extract and baking powder.
2. Gently add the maida and mix to soft, pliable dough.
3. Knead well and roll it out as thinly as possible.
4. Using a sharp knife cut into small triangles.
5. Add 1 tsp of jam and roll the triangle over the jam.
6. Form this into desired shapes and place them in a baking tray.
7. Alternatively, cut small thin circles of the dough and place 1 tsp of jam in the centre.
7. Place the tray in a preheated oven at 200C and bake until the biscuits are golden.
8. Remove and sprinkle some caster sugar on top while still warm.
9. Keep aside to cool.
image credit: guardian.co.uk