Blueberries – 3/4 cup, rinsed
Lemon Zest – 1/2 tsp, grated
Heavy Cream – 2 1/4 tblsp
Egg – 1, large, lightly beaten
Maida – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 1/2 tblsp
Baking Powder – 1/2 tblsp
Butter – 3 tblsp, unsalted, cubed
Salt as per taste
Sugar for sprinkling
Cream for brushing
1. Sift together the maida, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
2. Add butter, blueberries and lemon zest.
3. In another bowl, mix cream and egg.
4. Whisk well and pour into the bluerries bowl.
5. Mix until the well combined.
6. Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead well for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Place the dough into a 6 inch cake tin and cut into 4 equal squares.
8. Cut each square into even sized triangles.
9. Place these triangles onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
10. Brush the top with little cream and sprinkle some sugar on top.
11. Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 400F until golden brown.
12. Remove and cool.
Blueberry Scones Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Blueberry Scones Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.