- Basmati Rice – 2 cups
- Curry Powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 1/2 tsp, ground
- Mayonnaise – 3/4 cup
- Water – 2 tblsp
- Sweet Chilli Sauce – 2 tblsp
- Ground Black Pepper
- Prawns – 150 gms, small, peeled
- Spring Onions – 4, chopped
- Red Capsicum – 1/2, finely diced
- Celery Stalk – 1/2, finely sliced
- Mango – 3/4 cup, diced
- Fresh Herbs – 4 tblsp
- Cook the rice in a pan of salted boiling water for 10 to 12 minutes, until tender.
- Drain and rinse to remove excess starch.
- Drain again and transfer to a bowl.
- While the rice is still warm add the curry powder, salt and turmeric powder.
- Mix well and keep aside to cool.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, water, sweet chilli sauce and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Mix this with the rice.
- Add the prawns, spring onions, capsicum, celery and most of the mango and herbs.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Garnish with the remaining mango and herbs.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !