- Baby Leaf Spinach – small handful, rinsed, patted dry and shredded
- Red Bell Pepper – 1/2, seeded and thinly sliced
- Carrot – 1/2, peeled and coarsely grated
- Hummus – 4 tblsp
- Cooked Turkey Meat – 100 gms, boneless, skinless and thinly sliced
- Sunflower Seeds – 1/2 tblsp, roasted
- Whole Wheat Pita – 1
- Salt to taste
- Pepper as per taste
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Put the spinach leaves, bell pepper, carrot and hummus into a large bowl.
- Stir together.
- Add the turkey and sunflower seeds.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put the pita under the broiler for about 60 seconds on each side to warm through, but do not brown.
- Cut it in half to make 2 pockets of bread.
- Divide the salad among the pita pockets.