Amritsari Chicken Fry or Amritsari Fried Chicken is a delicious street food dish popular in Punjab and North India. Chicken is marinated with curd and assortment of spices, then fried in hot oil until fully cooked. These are then served with a choice of salad and lime wedges. Perfect for a weekday or weekend lunch or dinner.
Amritsari Chicken Fry Recipe
Ingredients for Amritsari Chicken Fry
- 250 g Chicken - 250 gms
- 1/2 cup Hung Curd - 1/2 cup
- 1/2 tblsp Maida - 1/2 tblsp
For the Capsicum Salad
- 1 Capsicum cut into small pieces
- 1 Onion cut into rings
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 tblsp Mint Chutney
Grind to a paste:
- 1/2 Onion chopped
- 1/4 inch Ginger
- 2 Garlic Coves
- 1 tblsp Coriander Leaves chopped
- 1 Cardamom
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp Fennel Seeds (saunf)
- 3 to 4 Black Peppercorns
- 1 Clove
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Carom Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/8 tsp Chaat Masala
- as required Garam Masala Powder
How to make Amritsari Chicken Fry
- Grind all the ingredients given for grind to a fine paste.
- Combine the hung curd, maida and ground paste in a bowl.
- Add the chicken pieces and mix well.
- Keep aside for 3 to 4 hours.
- To make the salad, mix the capsicum, onion, salt, red chilli powder, pepper powder, lemon juice and mint chutney.
- Keep this in the fridge till required.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Add the chicken pieces and fry till golden brown.
- Reduce flame and cook for a few more minutes so that the chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove and drain excess oil.
- Serve with the capsicum salad and some lime wedges.
If you like this dish, you might also like these chicken dishes.