Fish – 1 kg, cleaned, cut into chunks
Oil for frying
Rice Flour – 1 cup (optional)
Salt as per taste
Lime Wedges to garnish
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Lime Juice – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 2 bunches, chopped
Green Chillies – 2, chopped
Ginger – 1 inch piece, peeled and chopped
Garlic Cloves – 8, peeled and chopped
1. Mix the marinade ingredients and rub into fish.
2. Keep aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
3. Grind all the masala ingredients with very little water into a smooth paste.
4. Rub this paste into fish and leave for 20 minutes.
5. Spread the rice flour evenly on a large plate.
6. Coat the fish with the green masala evenly and then press each side gently on the flour.
7. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
8. Deep fry the fish pieces. Ensure the fish is not fried for not more than 10 minutes.
9. If shallow frying, remember to turn the fish over.
10. Remove and drain.
11. Garnish with lime wedges.