Crab Meat – 200 gms
Pork Mince – 125 gms
Spring Onions – 2, finely chopped, white parts only
Vermicelli – 3 tblsp, soaked in hot water for 20 minutes
Fish Sauce – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
White Pepper as per taste
Rice Papers – 18, small
Sugar – 3 tblsp
Vietnamese Dipping Sauce or Fish Sauce to serve
1. Mix the crab meat, pork and spring onions in a bowl.
2. Drain the vermicelli well and chop finely.
3. Mix with the crab meat.
4. Add fish sauce, salt and pepper.
5. Soften the rice papers in lukewarm water sweetened with sugar.
6. Spread it on a clean cloth to partially dry.
7. Cut in half.
8. Place a small spoonful of the mixture in the middle and fold the rounded edge over.
9. Fold in two sides and roll up.
10. Heat oil in a large frying pan.
11. Fry the spring rolls for 15 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
12. Remove and drain excess oil.
13. Serve with vietnamese dipping sauce or fish sauce.