Ghee – 1/4 cup
Eggs – 10
Powdered Sugar – 1/2 kg
Almonds – 1/2 cup, finely ground
Khoya – 1/2 kg, dried, unsweetened
Saffron – 2/3 tsp, finely powdered
1. Grease a flat baking dish with some ghee.
2. Separate the egg yolks and whites.
3. Whip the egg whites till stiff peaks form.
4. Mix the egg yolks with sugar and beat well till creamy.
5. Add the egg whites and mix.
6. Add ground almonds, khoya, ghee and saffron.
7. Mix well.
8. Pour into the greased baking dish.
9. Place this on top of a thick tray to ensure the base does not get too brown.
10. Bake in a oven for about 30 minutes at 250F till the top and bottom starts browning.
11. Remove when a knife stuck in the centre comes out clean.
12. Cut into desired shapes when it has cooled a bit.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !