Chicken Breasts – 500 gms
Pomegranate Juice – 2 cups
Curd – 1/2 cup
Tomato Puree – 1/2 cup
Fried Onions – 1/2 cup
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tblsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Jeera Powder – 2 tsp, roasted
Oil – 1 cup
Salt as per taste
Pomegrante Seeds – 1/2 cup
1. Mix the curd, tomato puree, ginger-garlic paste.
2. Rub the chicken pieces with salt.
3. Marinate the chicken pieces with this marinate and keep aside for half an hour.
4. Heat half the quantity of the oil and fry the chicken pieces on low heat for at least 5 to 7 minutes until golden brown.
5. Mix in the pomegranate juice and the spices (except the garam masala) and stir gently.
6. Cover with a lid and cook on very low fire till all the juice is evaporated and the chicken pieces are tender.
7. Mix in the garam masala and the remaining oil.
8. Continue to stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more.
9. Garnish with pomegranate seeds.
10. Serve with plain rotis.